The Sophotect Challenge - 2

Yesterday, I responded to an unspoken challenge: show those Aleph jerks what they're missing by not running a Sophotect.

Now, I'm not a stickler for running painted models, but I figure that Sophie should be presentable before she hits the table.  As I mentioned last time, my goal is to have a fully painted Sophotect that I will include in every ISS list I make for the month after I finish.  The first step, of course, is to paint her.



Yesterday was step one of the process: I cleaned and assembled Sophie, and even went out to buy a small bottle of Vallejo black paint-on primer.  I'm usually a spray-on primer kind of person, but after waiting a good month for the LGS to get a non-GW black spray primer on their shelf, I've decided to try the paint-on stuff.



So far, I'm liking the Vallejo primer a lot.  It goes on smoothly, and I only needed 3-4 drops of the stuff to fully coat Sophie and her base.  The coverage is a little thin at times, but that's not a problem for primer.  Besides, winter is settling in, and I'm hesitant to spray outside/in the garage with the nasty temperatures of Canada's capital.  If I'm ever going to get my money's worth out of paint-on primer, now is the time!

Now, Sophie sits - fully primed - on my desk, waiting...

(Note: I have to apologize for not having pictures of my process, yet...my old camera suddenly stopped working, and the cell-cam just doesn't cut it.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year - and Updates!

Battle Report - Boudicca, Scourge of Rome VS Manfred Rochdale

The Devotee of Tezcatlipoca, the Smoking Mirror