The Sophotect Challenge - 4

Ok, I admit it.  I've been painting the Sophotect on the fly while not providing any updates.  In my defence, though, I've been looking and looking for a camera to take pictures of the process, but to no avail.  Either the person I'm looking to borrow a camera from doesn't have time, or his time is limited to when I'm not available.  My own camera is sitting on the shelf, staring at me with a lens contraption that doesn't work.


RIP Nikon Coolpix.

Fine.  It's time to post some results without pictures, then.

When we last left off, Sophie was going to be blue in the face...and in the hands.  From there, I've decided that her colours were going to be yellow, red, and grey, all to match my Yu Jing/ISS troops.  No stinking Aleph studio schemes here!

Painting yellow, as I have discovered, is a real pain.  Layers upon layers upon layers...and then the highlighting starts.  Since I want to tie the Sophotect into the rest of my ISS, though, I'm making her coat yellow - it's the biggest surface on the mini, after all.  I can't wait to get Sophie on the table, but I'm not going to let that happen while she's busy looking like a blotchy banana.

Total status update: skin almost done, coat almost done, pants (red) and boots (grey) done, abs (grey) done.  Next step: finish coat, highlight skin, paint gun (grey)...and hair.  Somehow.

Comments

  1. Depending on how picky you are about the camera, I might be able to help you out with that. They say that it's the photographer and not the camera, anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year - and Updates!

Battle Report - Boudicca, Scourge of Rome VS Manfred Rochdale

The Devotee of Tezcatlipoca, the Smoking Mirror